TV

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cheated

I took my non-empanelment in my stride, with the realization that despite apparently having an outwardly enviable service profile, there were probably occasions when I may not have measured up to the expectations of my superiors. Even on rejection of my complaint, and non-empanelment in the review, I continued to explain to myself that though not perfect, it is as good a system as is possible under the diverse constraints. I considered myself an integral part of the system. I stood firm in the belief that the system is benign, and though not found fit for promotion, it will find other ways to fulfil my aspirations.

However, on receipt of my posting order, I feel that I was under a misconception. I feel completely isolated and let down by all that I held in high regard. I now look forward to completing another 18 months and then hang up my uniform.

No comments: